Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Great Chicken hunt of 2012

Chickens... I'm not really fond of them.  When I was a tiny girl, like 2 years old, we had chickens.  Mean Chickens.  All I remember about them is that I had to go in everyday and get their eggs.  Everyday I got pecked on my tiny little 2 year old hands.  So I'm not really fond of chickens.

This morning after breakfast, Joe looked out and said, um Honey the chickens are in the backyard. And the chicken round up began.  Before I could get the camera, Joe was leading most of the chickens back to their pen like the chicken pied piper.   I'm almost tempted to let them out again just so I can get that picture... but then I would have to round them up again.  So the lone chicken below will have to do.

White chicken in the middle.


I'm ready to get the darn thing... too bad they can fly.

We tried everything to get the last two chickens back into the pen.  We poured a heap of food on the ground and waited for them.  They were far too smart for that old trick.  They would swoop in for a bite and then run away flapping and squawking.  So Joe reached for his go to animal wrangling tool... the broom. 

 Joe is ready for them.

 Do you see the sneaky little red out the back?


 There he is!  On the move!!

 ACK!!!!  I caught it!!!Now what do I do with it!!!!!

 Bitty Rat was quite disappointed to not be included in the Great Chicken hunt of 2012.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel, thanks so much for the info on the flame tipped globes that you left on my blog. I am so appreciative!! That is great. I will go get some!
    Thanks and have a lovely weekend
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help out! It's so hard to find what you want here, I keep remembering shopping in the states with longing. LOL. Enjoy them!

      Mel

      Delete