Monday, October 1, 2012

Lost in Oz...

Where have we been for the last 7 months???!!!  I'll try to catch you up over the next few posts. 
 
We've moved to Ryde, which is a bit north west of Sydney.  So much easier for Joe to get to work and there is a TAFE right down the road for me to finish my HR course at. YAY.
 
We've been settling in, working, going to school and enjoying being close to friends and family!
 
It's a holiday weekend here, Labour Day. (yes that's spelled right) We spent most of the weekend finishing unpacking but yesterday we went to Mt Tomah botanical gardens with some of Joe's friends from high school. 

 
  We had a potluck picnic, but it was a bit unorganized.  Hence the plethora of chips. LOL
 
 
 
The botanical gardens were beautiful! See...
 
 
Joe and I enjoying the lovely rhododendrons.  Just like in Washington state! :)

 
Supposedly this is a rare black Kookaburra, but let me tell you, there are a lot of "drop bear" type jokes played on "new" aussies like me.  So I'm a bit doubtful. I think the beak looks too small. 

 
The Blue Mountains.  Yes, they really do look blue sometimes.  It's cause of all the eucalyptus trees, they give off oil and when the sun hits it, it looks blue from a distance.  It's pretty neat to see in person.  I had a total blonde moment driving to Joe's grandparents house one day.  I looked over and they were BLUE! So I yelled out... "HONEY! The blue mountains are BLUE!!!"  He gave me a look and said "yes dear, why do you think we call them that?" Then he called me a silly duffa.


Neat rock wall, kinda looks like a snail.
 

 
Beautiful tree.  I didn't get the name but thought it looked like some kind of cherry.

 
Joe took this. So beautiful!

 
That was the fun for this long weekend.  The rest of it was spent trying to find the floor. LOL.  Thankfully we are almost done unpacking.  The Rat Cat isn't happy about it, he liked the boxes.  See...
 

 
He's a bit territorial about his boxes... lol. Silly Cat.  Well that's all for now. Cya later! 
 


2 comments: